Function of Organization: The Voter Engagement Intern will work for Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund. Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund is the political arm of PPMNS. The Action Fund mobilizes supporters of all parties to defend and increase access to family planning services and fact based, medically accurate sexual education.
General Description: Working directly with the Grassroots Organizers, the Voter Engagement Intern will coordinate many of the organizing and outreach tactics of the department, including but not limited to volunteer support, digital organizing, electoral organizing, research, and data management.
- Support the Planned Parenthood Advocates’ electoral work
- Participate in at least one phone bank or canvass a week
- Help plan and attend events and trainings
- Work to get pro-women’s health candidates elected
- Assist with Volunteer Management
- Help with volunteer recruitment and management
- Develop skills trainings for volunteers
- Support e-advocacy campaign
- Oversee our Letters to the Editor campaign
- Help draft and circulate social media posts, e-mails, petitions, and other written material
- Perform Data Management
- Develop transferable skills for work in political campaigns, issue advocacy, grassroots organizing and volunteer management
- Develop understanding of and proficiency with operations of a nonprofit 501c4
- Become proficient with election software – Convio, Voter Activation Network, predictive dialer
- Serve integral role in insuring access to reproductive healthcare
- Advocacy Intern will be given the opportunity to attend political organizing trainings
- Interest in the political aspect of reproductive rights and a commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Must be willing to take on new and different projects, including but not limited to what’s listed above
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Incredibly reliable, great attention to detail, and able to work independently
Hours & Commitment:
The Voter Engagement Intern should be able to volunteer 10 hours per week August through November from our Vandalia & University Health Center, with occasional travel to other locations within the metro area. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends (advanced notice will be given). Fulfillment of hours is flexible with good communication.
Unpaid. College credit available per your institution’s guidelines. Work-related travel and expenses will be reimbursed.
671 Vandalia Street, St. Paul, MN 55114, with possibility of activity throughout Twin Cities metro area.
To apply with resume and cover letter or for more information: Volunteer Program at 612-821-6113 or email@example.com